Monday, February 27, 2012

Basic Preparation

Tuesday, 21/2/2012
( Unit Kitchen)

It's Tuesday again. So, for today I have learn some basic cooking methods like boiling, poaching, blanching and steaming. I have done 5 things today, which are cook the spaghetti, blanched broccoli, poached eggs, chicken stock, steam chicken breast using the traditional method and cream of chicken soup.

Well, I have no time to snap pictures, so I only have 2 for today.


( Spaghetti with Broccoli ) 



( Poached Eggs )

For my cream of chicken soup, I felt is too creamy. I didn't mix properly when I was doing the roux for the chicken soup, therefore it has a bit of flour balls (mini ones) appear on the surface. And also when I was doing my chicken stock, I added too much of fresh thyme, so the taste is very strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment